Cereal Malt Beverage

Application Qualifications

To sell 3.2% cereal malt beverages or beer containing not more than 6% alcohol by volume, either for consumption on the premises or to be sold in unopened containers, within the city limits of Chanute, you will need to obtain a  Cereal Malt Beverage License. In order to qualify for a Cereal Malt Beverage License, the applicant must be:
  • A citizen of the United States
  • A person who has not been convicted of a felony or adjudged guilty of any intoxication liquor law of any state.
  • A resident in good faith of the State of Kansas for at least one year
  • A resident of Neosho County for at least six months

Application Types

  • Corporation
  • Individual
  • Partnership, firm, or association
  • Special event

License Fees

License fees are as follows (the amount includes the $25 required for a state stamp):
  • For consumption on the premises - $125
  • For sale in the original and unopened container - $75
  • Special event - $50