- App service incudes: emergency, general, and missing-person location-specific notifications from public safety officials
CodeRED is used to send critical communications from severe weather alerts to evacuation notices to missing child alerts. Chanute citizens must sign up to receive this free service.
If your phone number is not in the database, you will not be called.
CodeRED is a unique product that automatically sends telephone messages to citizens in the path of severe weather.
- Severe Thunderstorm
- Flash Flood
Polygon Methodology: Based on the National Weather Service's polygon methodology, only citizens in the path of projected weather are contacted (not the whole county), thereby increasing relevance and reducing false alarms. CodeRED severe weather information.
To sign up
for CodeRED emergency alerts, Chanute citizens will submit their address and notification choices:
- Home phone
- Mobile phone
- Business phone
- Unlisted phones
- App The app on iTunes and Google Play allows you to receive national notifications from public officials wherever you are.
- Free App service incudes: emergency, general, and missing-person location-specific notifications from public safetly officials
- Additional App service for $4.99 includes: Weather component
- There is a 30-day free trial