Chanute Housing Authority
Housing Authority for the City of Chanute
Who Are We:
The Chanute Housing Authority operates under the umbrella of the City of Chanute, providing affordable housing options for income eligible individuals and families wishing to live in Chanute Kansas.
What Do We Offer:
Chanute Housing Authority's mission is to increase the availability of decent, safe, affordable housing in the Chanute community. We ensure equal opportunity in housing through the efforts of a professional, caring, and responsive staff and Board of Directors. We offer the following rental assistance programs for income eligible individuals and families.
- Housing Choice Voucher - This program offers flexibility for a program participant to work with any landlord of their choice provided the rental passes an inspection compliant with the Housing Quality Standards (HQS) as established by the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). A voucher holder may move anywhere within the United States and enjoy the benefits of the voucher rental assistance, provided there is a Housing Choice Voucher program in the area they are wishing to move to. Participants rent is calculated at 30% of net household income.
- Public Housing - This program offers a program participant the opportunity to occupy properties owned and maintained by the Housing Authority with rent based on 30% of adjusted household income.
- Resident Programming - We offer residents the opportunity to participate in programs ranging from resident councils to family self-sufficiency.
Mikki Herrera, Director
818 S. Santa Fe Suite C
Chanute, KS. 66720
We want to protect any information you give us. So here's our promise to you.
- When you send us email, we won't share your email address with anyone. We'll only use your email address to respond to your requests.
- If you sign up for one of our (e)mailing lists, we'll only send you the kinds of information you've requested; and we won't share your name or email address with anyone.
- We will never share or sell information about you or about what pages you visited.